As the village of Moulton grew with the development of the salt Industry in neighbouring Winsford, it was agreed to give Moulton a church of its own.

It had previously been part of the Davenham Parish, and the church retains those historic links with Davenham as the Rector of Davenham is a formal consultee for the appointment of a vicar in Moulton.

inside
outside

The foundation stone of the church of St Stephen the Martyr was laid in 1876. with the consecration on 16th January 1877.

The church was designed by John Douglas in the Gothic Revival Tradition, and is now a Grade II listed building.

The nave and chancel area is under one unbroken roof. The chancel with geometrical, the nave with freely perpendicular tracery. Characteristic W spirelet. The two sides have different fenestration. The N vestry has a boldly outlined chimney. Interior of exposed yellow and red brick, whereas the exterior is faced with small stones. Big timber roof.
St Stephen’s has had 13 vicars since 1877

The nave and chancel area is under one unbroken roof. The chancel with geometrical, the nave with freely perpendicular tracery. Characteristic W spirelet. The two sides have different fenestration. The N vestry has a boldly outlined chimney. Interior of exposed yellow and red brick, whereas the exterior is faced with small stones. Big timber roof.
St Stephen’s has had 13 vicars since 1877

Mark GreenMark Pickles
2019- 2017-18
 
Kegg
 
forrester
 
greenhough

Gordon Kegg

Robin Forrester

Andy Greenhough

2011-16

2006-2011

2001-2005

 
wilson
 
corradine
 
hale

Stephen Wilson

Rev J Corradine

Rev H Hale

1996-2001

1965-1995

1946-1965

 
rowland
 
vale
 
Turner

Rev Rowland

Rev Vale

Rev Turner

1930-1946

1918-1930

1913-1918

 
Pitts
 
hopkins
 

Rev Pitts

Rev Hopkins

 

1905-1913

1877-1905

 

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.